Founded 2+ startups
Hi, my name is Thiago Villa and I would love to work for or found a SENSOR-related startup.
My purpose is to work with conscious people and companies in order to bring innovative ideas to life and create products for a better world.
I am currently second-majoring in Computer Engineering (e-learning) and I have chosen to specialize in electronics, so I can work with IoT in the future (MCUs, firmware, embedded systems). I am also taking online courses on advanced C++, RTOS, FPGA, LoRa, ZigBee, among others.
I have a Master's from USP, studied in the US, and speak fluent TOEFL-certified English. I volunteer in organizing events and writing content about entrepreneurship and innovation. I have started two startups before. My hobbies are working out, running, and nerd stuff.
I have professional experience in production and software engineering, besides knowledge in marketing, project management, and teamwork.
My technical skills include:
• Low level (firmware) hardware programming languages (C and C++)
• Printed circuit boards design, simulation, and sourcing (mainly Fritzing)
• Fast prototyping in development boards such as Arduino and NodeMCU (ESP8266)
• Networking the "things" and PAN/WAN networks to the cloud (ThingSpeak, AWS IoT)
My supporting skills are:
• Tools and methods for ideation and prototyping: design thinking, brainstorming, canvas, MVP
• Tools for remote work/collaboration and productivity: Trello, Slack, Doodle, Hangout, to-do lists
• Public speaking, good oratory and rhetoric, polite customer service, good writing skills
• Basic presentation design skills (script, storytelling, graphic design)
"I’m not trying to be anyone’s savior. I’m just trying to think about the future and not be sad." - Elon Musk
CEO, Co-founder, Researcher
January 2014 - August 2014
I co-founded Spintech Nanomaterials to scale up a precious metal nanoparticles synthesis green process I had been researching as an undergraduate lab assistant from 2009-14 (see https://doi.org/10.1557/opl.2012.645). We rose BRL 175k in investment from São Paulo State Research Aid Foundation's Innovative Research in Small Companies program phase I (PIPE-FAPESP). Spintech's first product, gold nanoparticles had a market size of USD 1.82 billion in 2016. I was responsible for BizDev & hands-on R&D.
Solaris Photovoltaic Technology
September 2014 - January 2015
University of São Paulo
2009 - 2014
University of São Paulo
Master's in Agricultural Systems Engineering
2015 - 2017
São Paulo State Virtual University
2018 - 2022
Introduction to Marketing
University of Pennsylvania
3D Printing in Manufacturing
Deloitte University Press
Via Business Coworking
2018 - Today