Denver, Colorado, US
Denver, Colorado, US
I would like to find a person or group of people to work on blockchain marketplace solutions together. These could be in settlements, payments, trading, issuance, governance, financing, regulation, IOT, trade, property registration, or energy.
Technical Product Owner
March 2015 - Today
• Using our version of Scaled Agile to manage the development workflow of six engineering teams and 30 products.
August 2013 - April 2014
- Failed attempt at developing a Tinder for FSBO mobile application. - Failed attempt at developing a solar project / impact investor portal. - Failed attempt at converting an existing ski area into a self-sustainable eco-ski area. - Failed attempt at developing a parking application for the city of Denver.
Director of Trading Operations for a Mortgage Backed Securities Hedge Fund
Proprietary Capital, LLC
February 2004 - August 2013
● Negotiated ISDAs, MRAs, MSFTAs (approximately 100 such documents). This allowed us to set up repo lines for agency principal/non-principal bearing MBS and non-agency subprime MBS. It also allowed us to trade Interest Only Synthetic strips, MBS TBA calls and puts, euro dollar synthetic forwards, treasury futures and credit default swaps. ● Designed quantitative security and portfolio level analytical tools for Agency MBS (Interest Only, Principal Only, Floaters, Inverse Floater, Inverse Interest Only, Two Tiered Interest, pass-through, and to be announced collateral). This included hundreds of prepay/interest rate scenarios and decreased process time from days to hours. ● Assisted with the editing, analysis and message of the monthly performance newsletter which explained MBS portfolio performance broken out by gross interest, price fluctuation and net components and gave general market commentary. ● Negotiated with auditors to adopt a new GAAP bond amortization method (constant yield method) to improve our tax exposure. ● Created a due diligence analytical framework for successfully selecting a fund administrator.
Vice President, Secondary Marketing (Structured Finance)
August 1997 - August 2003
● Asset Backed Securitization (ABS) and whole loan trading of $15 billion+ of Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC), Fixed Rate Second (FRS) and Subprime (BC) mortgage products (roughly $825 million in gross revenue). Worked on securitization six pack, over collateralization, mono line wrap, agency wrap, pool policy, pass-throughs, and net interest margin structures. ● Developed financial models (NPV, IRR) which evaluated cash flows and determined the all-in-cost of financing for asset sales. ● Coordinated the translation of excel models into C++ with a team of programmers. ● Reviewed and negotiated changes in all related securitization legal documents. ● Provided ad-hoc HELOC, FRS and BC valuation and data analysis with recommendations to senior management. ● Managed product relationships with rating agencies, investment bankers, attorneys, accountants, bond insurers and trustees. ● Improved product model valuations through empirical product research (revenue, cost, prepayment speed and loss assumptions). ● Wrote Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) macros and SQL scripts to simplify work process (5% decrease in processing time). ● Disseminated product pricing to all origination divisions and branches. ● Managed and trained two analysts.
Rockies Venture Club
October 2013 - Today
● Reviewing and scoring teams to be selected for RVC conferences. ● Acting as a pitch coach to teams selected for RVC conferences. ● Helped one team negotiate a convertible note transaction.
University of Colorado at Boulder
Bachelor of Science
1991 - 1991
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Masters in Business Administration
1995 - 1995
Toolbelt of a Junior Ruby on Rails Developer
2014 - 2014
Cleantech Open Rocky Mountain Region