San Diego, California, US
San Diego, California, US
George has a successful background in sales and marketing with Ciba Vision (a Novartis medical device company) for over 20 years where he was responsible for $245 million in sales revenue working with independent small and midsize businesses. He is known for being a savvy innovator. In his career he redefined his role as the Director of the Distributor Channel from a strictly sales role to a hybrid role encompassing both marketing and sales. He is an original thinker who is able to identify unique market opportunities and bring them to realization.
Being the Intrapreneur he is, one of his notable achievements occurred in 1996 when he recognized the emerging internet as a perfect marketing vehicle for his channel by creating the company’s first web site which included the first ‘Doctor-Finder’ Database in the optical industry. This promotion resulted in over $1 million in incremental sales. http://tinyurl.com/bkry5gb
While working with his customers he realized that they had many business needs that weren’t being met. He has helped his customers develop and implement solutions that clarify their business goals, simplifying the process to achieve those goals, and align, develop and motivate people in the work they do. He took it upon himself to acquire new skill sets in the emerging area of business technology, and was the ‘go-to guy’ for technology advice for many of his customers. He uses his multifaceted skill sets to make marketing strategies come to life. He continues to this day to attend various conferences encompassing many diverse disciplines including advertising, BtoB, marketing, media, med tech, print, promotions, sales, and web technologies.
With his years of experience, outgoing personality, and straight-talking approach, he’s just what the doctor ordered for aiding aspiring entrepreneurs.
• Developed and executed marketing and sales plans for distributor channel
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Trustworthy, diligent, dependable, reliable and ethical work values
• Adept at quickly achieving comfortable rapport with customers
• Efficient, well-organized, self-motivated, and assertive
• Major strengths in planning, problem solving and communication
• Experience in start-ups, high growth, and Fortune 500 companies
• Adroit at recognizing customer needs and achieving customer satisfaction
• Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Works equally well independently and/or collaboratively in a team environment
Lead Engineer - Interiors
June 2013 - December 2016