Dr. Rob Elkington Ph.D.
About Dr. Rob Elkington
Dr. Rob Elkington is the CEO, and President, of Global Leadership Initiatives www.globalleader.ca , an organization that develops leadership globally by offering over three hundred leadership related seminars, three University Certificates, the Personal Leadership Development Plan App, the Leadership Quest App www.tlq.globalleader.ca and global Social Entrepreneurship using the Flourishing Business Model Canvas.
Rob holds a Ph.D. from North West University, and an Advanced Certificate in Intercultural Management from Notre Dame University.
• Adjunct Professor at the University of Ontario Institute of Technology serving in both the Business and IT faculty and the Education faculty where he teaches undergraduate courses in Critical Thinking and Ethics, Collaborative Leadership, Leadership Negotiation and Teamwork, Business Ethics, and graduate courses in Foundations of Leadership, Leadership and Technology, and Ethics and Leadership.
• Associate Professor Yorkville University serving with the Faculty of Education.
• Senior Lecturer with the Stellenbosch University School of Public Leadership and Good Governance http://www.sun.ac.za/english/faculty/economy/spl/centres-institutes/sggf
• Senior Lecturer and Affiliate Researcher with North West University, South Africa.
• Facilitator with the UOIT Management Development Centre http://mdc.uoit.ca where he has been asked to facilitate one day seminars on Foundations of Leadership, Critical Thinking and Problem Solving, Critical Decision Making, Diversity and Leadership, Advanced Leadership, and Leadership & Customer Service.
Research and Publications:
• Rob recently served as lead Editor and co-author for the book: “Visionary Leadership in a Turbulent World: Thriving in the New VUCA Context.” (Emerald, 2017).
• Rob has published numerous peer reviewed articles on the topic of leadership in various Leadership journals.
• Rob has also presented on a number of leadership topics at the 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 International Leadership Association www.ILA.org annual conferences.
• Rob has also co-authored a chapter in the prestigious 2017 Building Leadership Bridges Series: “Global and Culturally Diverse Leaders and Leadership: New Dimensions, Opportunities, and Challenges for Business, Industry, Education and Society.” Rob’s chapter is titled: “How the Communal Philosophies of Ubuntu in Africa and Confucius Thought in China Might Enrich Western Notions of Leadership.”
• Rob initiated an international team of researchers currently looking into the topic: “Seeking Best Methods for Leadership Development.”
• Rob initiated a team of global leadership authors to write a book in 2017 titled: “Exceptional Leadership by Design: Designing Organizational Contexts for Effective Leadership.”
• Rob is also leading a team of researchers exploring the topic of “Emerging Issues in Higher Educational Leadership.”
• Rob also leads a large international team of researchers considering, “Women’s Entrepreneurial Leadership in Disadvantaged Contexts.”
Networking is the development of authentic relationship to build capacity. - Rob
University of Ontario Institute of Technology (UOIT)
January 2014 - December 2016
North West University
2007 - 2011