Seattle, Washington, US
Seattle, Washington, US
I've got 15 years of experience in technology and events, I'm a former Architect at Microsoft, I've built 2 companies including an event ticketing tech startup, Shindigg.com, and I've spent 9 years running an event production company, Bonza Bash.
FastBar is my latest venture. FastBar solves the problem of long bar lines at events through a unique, cashless payment solution that’s quicker than anything else on the market.
When you arrive at an event, you get a wristband that's linked to your credit card. At the bar, you pay by tapping your wristband on a reader. At the end of the night, we automatically close you out with the credit card on file and send you an email receipt, kind of like Uber.
In just 12 weeks since inception I've built a prototype, tested it at 7 live events for up to 300 people, completed the Startup Weekend NEXT program, was a finalist in the WTIA First Look Forum, semifinalist in the UW Business Plan Competition, won the “Best Idea Service/Retail” prize at the UW BPC and have a couple of mentions in Geekwire articles. FastBar sits at the intersection of mobile payments and wearable technology.
This is a unique solution to a real problem in a huge market and I've got 10 customers across 2 countries lined as soon as FastBar is ready to go.
I'm looking for a strong technical CTO to join me as a co-founder for FastBar. Full time, founder level equity.
- Ready for a startup. Able to work with no salary for the first few months while we raise money. When we do raise money, we'll be paying ourselves reduced salaries
- Rockstar dev with 10+ years of software development experience. Comfortable in any area of the stack
- BSc CompSci or equivalent
- Committed, trustworthy, easy to work with
- Demonstrable ability to build and manage a high-performing engineering team
- Obsessed with high-quality code, but understand the realities of software development and the need to ship code
- Startup experience ideal
About what we're building:
- This is a payment system, so reliability is key
- Ideally, you're familiar with RFID and NFC
- We need to put together a combination of hardware and software to make this work. Overall simplicity is key for our customers
- Our current MVP point of sale system is built in iOS, the registration system in HTML5/CSS3/JS/Bootstrap. Currently hosted on Azure
- Moving forward, we'll collaboratively figure out what tech stacks we want to bet on
FastBar sits at the intersection of mobile payments and wearable technology. If you're a proven technologist ready to jump into a challenging space and help change the world of payments drop me a line, I'd love to chat further.