Hello Richard. I run an SEO company and am an SEO expert. Last week I launched a FREE do-it-yourself video course for NON-techies. You can access the course by signing up at DIYSeos.com
. I think you will find them very helpful.
Again, it is absolutely FREE, with no strings attached.
I made them free for now, to get traction, and feedback from users. I may charge a fee for the course in the future after I add more content
and gain sufficient traction.
Be sure to give me your feedback so that I can add more videos and improve the course further.
Here are some quick non-tech tips:
1) Install the following plugins:
- Yoast SEO - best on the market
- W3-total cache - increases speed (huge for SEO on Google's latest algorithm)
- wp-smush it - increases speed
2) Ask your hosting company to give a unique IP address. They will charge $50-$100 - worth it. Gives your site higher authority in Google's eyes - video explains why.
3) Have hosting company install an SSL certificate on your site - regardless of whether you are selling anything or not. Cost will be about $50/yr - worth it. This is a new ranking factor.
4) Renew your domain name for as long as your registrar allows. For example, GoDaddy allows you to renew for 10 years - worth it. Video explains why this is a ranking factor.
Contact me if I can help further. All the best.