Customer Success is critical to SaaS growth - yeah, I said growth. Customer Success is not simply about retention - but growth as your happiest customers are the engine behind referrals, and prime candidates for account expansion. Here are some best practices:
- Continue to give them insight (webinars, videos, ebooks, infographics, blog posts) that will help them be more successful
- Make sure you give them more insight than you do product/technical tips and how-tos,
- Personalize your communications - even if your outreach is automated via email, make the communications from a person NOT "do-not-reply@...".
- Use multiple channels to communicate with them (email + in app./platform)
- Anticipate customers' needs and reach out before they contact you with questions or issues - monitor app. usage and plan new product releases carefully to ensure product updates are clearly communicated and do not disrupt users with unexpected changes. (I've seen this a lot).
- Don't go dark on them or pound them with too much communication - average once per week.
- For new users, ensure your onboarding process and drip email communication is setup, monitored and continually refined. Include a personal outreach and touch.
Hope that helps!